Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dwight L Makoff has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I guess I have a pet peeve in regard to waiting when I have a specific appointment time. I do have high blood pressure and I start to get upset while waiting in the waiting room for more than 1o or 15 minutes, which in turn makes my pressure rise. Also the parking situation at Cedars is horribly expensive so paying extra while waiting is another issue! Dr. Makoff is an excellent doctor and that is the reason I stick with him.
I was referred to him in 1999 from diabetic doctor. Kidneys had been slowly failing for 9 years. Best kidney doctor in town, saw me through 2 transplants. He only works part time now, huge bummer. The first time I walked in he caught just by looking at me that my parathyroid was overactive. Prior nephrologist missed that even though I had 3 broken feet and creatinine had been high for about 10 years.
Dr. Makoff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Dwight L Makoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDavita Beverly Hills, 50 N La Cienega Blvd Ste 300, Beverly Hills, CA
Dr. Dwight L Makoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.