Dr. Dwight Peter Tiu Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Dwight Peter Tiu?

Posted on January 13th, 2015

DO NOT EVER GO HERE!!!!! HEALTH CONCERN!!! my 12 year old son got a tetnus shot today and when the nurse was done giving him the shot she took the DIRTY NEEDLE and pushed it into the exam table cushion that all of our children sit on. when asked about this behavior the staff said this is a common practice and they disinfect 2 times a day. Well you can't disinfect diseases that some children may carry that won't wash away with a wipe. What if the child before your child has hepatitis or aids? Very disgusted and will never subject my children to that again!!!!!!!

BEST PEDIATRIC OFFICE.

Posted on March 6th, 2012

PROFESSIONALISM, CARING AND VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE PROVIDERS AND STAFFS. YOU CAN ALWAYS GET SAME DAY APPTS FOR SICK VISITS.

Best Kid Care Ever!!!

Posted on October 27th, 2011

All the providers , Dr Tiu, Christine Choi PNP, Alonso Avendano PAC and Amanda Whisnant PNP really cares for the children. Same day for sick visits and quick turnaround time for refills and forms that I need for school. Multilingual providers and staffs. The office is always clean and always smells good.

Ex patient

Posted on March 26th, 2011

This review is about the Palm Coast office, but same doctor and same business practices: I have nothing to say about Dr. Tiu himself except that I purposefully scheduled all appts to see his nurse practictioner, Christine. She relates well to the children and always answered all my questions. My only complaint until recently was that Dr. Tiu had no answering service and no after hours care available for fevers/advice etc which I find is standard with most other pediatricians. Recently, due to miscommunication I was involved in a altercation at the office regarding a prescription and treated very rudely by an employee and heard Christine saying from the back "I have a right to 24hrs for a refill!" I was embarassed and no one had ever said when I had called that it would take that long, otherwise I would have went to my other pediatrician (who I keep for when Dr. Tiu is unavailable). When I mentioned this, the rude employee stopped talking and looked a little shocked (or angry). Three days later I received a letter for discontinuation of care. Dr Tiu never asked me what occurred. I had already decided to stop seeing them but am still shocked at being treated in such away after having both my toddlers there as patients for 3 years. My advice to people looking at this office as a possible location for care is to avoid Acute Car pediatrics, there is too much support staff and little effective communication. They also do not call in or order refills online, they still use written prescriptions which decreases the efficiency of their office and this is not a problem with any of the local doctors that are affiliated with the Florida Hospital system. They also could not keep my son's innoculations straight for some reason and I had to remind them that he had already received one particular one that they kept wanting to give him three different times. If you go to this office, be sure you keep your child's vaccination records and a list of medications on hand when you visit. This office used to be a nice place to come but as it has grown and he has added to the staff, the care has gone downhill and the only thing that kept me coming (the convenience and pleasant experience) has all but disappeared.

Posted on October 8th, 2017