Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dwight Shewchuk
Dr. Dwight Shewchuk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX, with another office in Dallas, TX. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Emergency Medicine. Dr. Shewchuk is affiliated with Methodist Richardson Medical Center, Medical City Dallas Hospital and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas. He speaks English.
Dr. Dwight Shewchuk has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Dwight Shewchuk is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I had serious concerns with my airway, due to 2 previous surgery reports & results. He LISTENED carefully to my concerns & looked over the last 2 Anesthesiologist's reports. All I know is that I came out of surgery with NO injuries to my throat/airway & his report to the surgeon was that, although I had an angled airway, it proved to be ok to work with... I cannot say how relieved I was to not feel one iota of pain in my throat, after a nightmare surgery only a year ago, with an anesthesiologist who in his own words, "probably taught the last one"...& who, by the way, scratched & bruised my airway so that it hurt FAR more than my ear surgery!
Dr. Shewchuk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Methodist Richardson Medical Center
Medical City Dallas Hospital
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
Texas Health Dallas
33 Years Experience
University Of Manitoba Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dwight Shewchuk in this video.
Dr. Dwight Shewchuk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.