Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dwite D Dahms MD
Dr. Dwite D Dahms has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Dwite D Dahms has the following 3 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dwite D Dahms - Posted on April 17th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dwite D Dahms - Posted on June 22nd, 2010
Dr. Dahms did my knee replacement surgery. He did such an excellent job my recovery was short and my leg is like brand new. He straightened out the leg that had been bowed and it is the same shape and size now as the other... normal... which it has not been in thirty years. He is the kindest, most caring doctor I have. He listens to you, treats you with respect and is very gentle and loving in the most professional way. His office staff is also the best.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
40 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
University Medical Center
Dr. Dwite D Dahms Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
Locations & DirectionsDAHMS DURAND PATTEE AND VERCILLO, 375 Rolling Oaks Dr Ste 200, Thousand Oaks, CA
Dr. Dwite D Dahms is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.