Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dzung Nguyen has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 13
In this day & age,it has become increasingly difficult to find an experienced,intelligent physician that has a great staff & still has the stamina to see all his patients.When you see an internist instead of a G.P.,,,,,people generally like seeing their M.D. for whatever disease process you have,& not being phased out to a N.P.,or a P.A..Dr.Nguyen also likes to admit & see his own patients to a hospital,& has admits to BOTH hospitals.If you are sick & call Dr. Nguyens' office ,unless he is out,his office staff does all they can to fit you in, & not be sent arbitrarily to the ER W/o speaking to the nurse first.Many offices in P.C just say",go to the ER",w/o finding out first what is wrong.All that does is burden the ER & increase premiums & cause medical mistakes due to unfamiliar M.D.s' treating chronic,not acute ,problems.Dr.N. understands this.I also appreciate how he keeps on top of all the new treatments/meds. My husband & I have been seeing him for 16 years,when my daughter turned 18 Y/O,she needed to establish W/ a PCP,& she felt comfortable with Dr.N & his nurse, my son,who is terrified of M.D.s', will ONLY see Dr. N. .If you want a no-hassle,stable office staff,& a caring,highly intelligent M.D.,this is your office.
Visit went as scheduled, the doctor was able to take care of my problem so that I could return to work the same day, I was able to have my labs done and his office called me back the next day without me being required to come in and pay another copay, which was a big surprise, overall, excellent visit.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
29 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Christiana Care Health System
Dr. Dzung Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsDzung Nguyen Md, 2007 Harrison Ave, Panama City, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dzung Nguyen in this video.
Dr. Dzung Nguyen is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Panama City, FL.