Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward A Alquero has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 7
every time I took my disabled mom to this doctor, i hardly get to spend any face time with him. His nurse practitioners do all assessments, sometimes diagnoses, etc. They type what ever they find in the computer, he then looks over it then maybe he'll deem u worthy enough to see him, if not he'll maybe do a pass by and off u go. It always seemed that because we weren't drinking their cool aid we were treated less respectively. I mean, can you be any more rude by speaking in a language to your associates while the patient sits there not understanding what is going on about their condition. the entire office does that. Couldn't the same information be relayed in English so the patient can understand whats happening? Unless your "in with the office lingo" I wouldn't recommend this doctor.
Dr. Alquero is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Good Samaritan Hospital
Dr. Edward A Alquero accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlquero Family Clinic, 94-141 Pupupuhi St, Waipahu, HI
Dr. Edward A Alquero is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waipahu, HI.