Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ealena S Callender has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Ealena S Callender has the following 12 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Ealena S Callender has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ealena S Callender is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I was required to see her as it was office policy to see all of the physicians at least once. I was 5 months pregnant and complained of severe, debilitating migraines. Insteaded of asking me questions or investigating further, she ordered a CT scan. Did I mention that I was pregnant? I called the office back and spoke to the nurse practitioner whom I knew well and trusted. I told her what the doctor ordered. The NP was furious! She told me not to get the CT scan and to simply take out my contacts. After taking out my contacts, I didn't have another migraine. The doctor seemed inconvenienced, rushed, and truly unprofessional. She has since left this particular practice and I am glad she is gone. I would not see her if I had other options.
I am not surprised to see all of the negative reviews. Callender is extremely rude with a horrible bed side manner. She made it quite obvious that she felt I was a waste of her time. I was forced to see her when I was pregnant with my son since you have to see all of the doctors.She was the doctor the day after I gave birth to my son and had given me pain medicine that I should not have been on breast feeding my son! She also came off judge mental when I said that I did want my son to have a circumcision. I will be refusing to see her with my next child. (fingers crossed she wont be the doctor on call if I go into labor.) I am surprised that the Center for Womens Health keep her. I have heard from so many others about how bad she was to them as well. It is a shame she is a part of a practice that Dr. Thom, who is fantastic, is a part of.
My appointment with Dr. Callender was the worst experience with my "yearly exam" that I've ever dealt with. She was very cursory, did not ask if I had any questions/concerns, did not ask about my answer "yes" to experiencing pain during sex, and did not warn me she was inserting the speculum. Then, she bluntly told me that I needed to lose weight before even considering to try to conceive. At a size 18, I know I've got weight to lose, and I am trying, but there were so many nicer ways to express herself. She was impatient and didn't want to stay with me any longer than she had to, and I was very displeased.
16 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Howard University Hospital
Dr. Ealena S Callender accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ealena S Callender is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Damascus, MD.