Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eamon K Dutta has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Eamon K Dutta has the following 15 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Eamon K Dutta has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Eamon K Dutta is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Mismanaged my elderly bipolar M-I-L both times while in Peachford Hospital. We will never go back to Peachford or Dr. Dutta. This time she was so oversedated she was sent to Northside ER where they found her liver enzymes very high and her medication levels dangerously high also. Last time she was in Peachford over a month because Dr. Dutta must like his patients overmedicated so they don't trouble the Peachford staff.
I have been going to Dr.Dutta for about 3 years now and he has gotten worse with each appointment. The initial appointment was great and he seemed to really listen and interested in working with me to get my medication right. The follow-up appointments have been a joke. In one appt. his ADD got the best of him and he just shuffled papers the entire time without being able to focus. The past few appointments he has been unable to remember which medication I am on and why I am taking it. I leave there extremely frustrated. It takes multiple calls for him to call in a prescription and making an appointment is a joke. I can't believe I've wasted this much time trying to be patient with him.
My time with Dr. Dutta has been frustrating and miserable. Front office staff has scheduled appointments for me without my knowledge three times and I have been charged for these "missed appointments" that I never scheduled. On top of this, messages left for Dr. Dutta either do not get to him or are not replied to around 95% of the time. Reaching him is impossible. Faxed prescription refills are ignored, calls from pharmacies are ignored, and he has refused to refill serious medication at least 10 times. Failure to take this medication would result in an emergency room visit due to the withdrawal. I do not recommend him or his nightmare of a practice. Don't waste your money on dishonest doctors and office staff.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Eamon K Dutta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsPeachford Behavioral Health, 2151 Peachford Rd, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Eamon K Dutta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.