Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frederick E Dixon MD
Dr. Frederick E Dixon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX, with other offices in Austin, TX and Fredericksburg, TX (and 1 other location). He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Sleep Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Frederick E Dixon has 4 locations
11149 Research Blvd Ste 125
Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Dr. Frederick E Dixon has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
Dr. Frederick E Dixon has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 24
Very Good Cardiologist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Frederick E Dixon - Posted on January 30th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Frederick E Dixon - Posted on November 22nd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Frederick E Dixon - Posted on August 24th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Frederick E Dixon - Posted on July 19th, 2016
Experience at Austin Heart Nothwest
Self-verified patient of Dr. Frederick E Dixon - Posted on June 20th, 2016
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
40 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
Dr. Frederick E Dixon Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Frederick E Dixon
Dr. Earl Dixon is originally from Atlanta, Georgia and received his medical degree from the University of Virginia School Of Medicine in Charlottesville,Virginia. He served his internship and residency in internal medicine at Ochsner Foundation Hospital in New Orleans, LA, where he also completed his fellowship in Cardiology. He also completed a master's degree in Medical Management at Tulane University in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Dixon's areas of special interest include Sleep Medicine, Women's Heart Health (including evaluation of the pregnant patient), and Cardiac Imaging. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, Nuclear Cardiology, and Sleep Medicine.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frederick E Dixon, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Austin, TX, in this video.
Dr. Frederick E Dixon is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Austin, TX.