Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Earl J Glusac
Dr. Earl J Glusac, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Haven, CT. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatopathology, Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology and Pathology. Dr. Glusac is affiliated with Yale-New Haven Hospital. Dr. Glusac has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Earl J Glusac has the following 3 specialties
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
- Pigmented Nevus
- Fluid Testing
- Nevus (Hereditary Skin Malformation)
- Skin Cancer
- B-Cell Lymphoma (CBCL)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Blood Testing
- Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma (CTCL)
- Tissue Biopsy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Glusac is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Earl J Glusac accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsYale University Neurology, 15 York St, New Haven, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Earl J Glusac in this video.
Dr. Earl J Glusac is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Haven, CT.