Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Norman E Pickens has the following 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
When meeting up with Dr. Pickens anywhere he has always recognized me and asks about my health. When meeting him in the hospital hallway several years ago he quickly asked if I was there for any treatment, which I wasn't, but had a friend in for treatment. Dr P asked what type and not long after, appeared in the room to give a hug. Not only is he a caring physician but is a compassionate and loving person.
Dr. Pickens is a truly wonderful physician and person. He takes the time to thoroughly discuss your problem, to assess your reactions, and to facilitate further evaluation, if necessary. His bedside manner is impeccable, demonstrating kindness, yet honest commentary regarding treatment options. His honesty, integrity, kindness and knowledge make you know you will receive the best care available.
I saw Dr. Pickens when I was 16 years old to have a cyst removed. He was an absolutely wonderful doctor. Great bedside manner, so caring and friendly, and amazing ability to put me at ease. He did a great job helping me through the nervousness and he was so readily available for follow-up, which is not a common trait with doctors. I most definitely do back to him if I needed to. Also, he was sure to leave a minimal scar!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2015, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Pickens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Norman E Pickens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSurgical Group Of Gainesville, 1143 NW 64th Ter, Gainesville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Norman E Pickens in this video.
Dr. Norman E Pickens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.