Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Earlene E Strayhorn
Dr. Earlene E Strayhorn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Merrillville, IN, with other offices in Maywood, IL and Newburgh, IN . She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Strayhorn has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Earlene E Strayhorn has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Earlene E Strayhorn has the following 7 expertise
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eating Disorders
- Birth Control
- Child Psychiatry
Dr. Earlene E Strayhorn has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. strayhorn provided down-to-earth information which she presented in an honest, professional manner. Her straight forward attitude made it easier to grasp concepts concerning my child. She presented text, manuals and other tools to help me educate myself, too. She provided excellent care which I am often hard-pressed to find in today's medical conundrum. Her expertise on my child's special needs and her compassion for ME, the mother, is outstanding.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Earlene E Strayhorn accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthLink PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Earlene E Strayhorn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Merrillville, IN.