Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ebrahim Sadighim
Dr. Ebrahim Sadighim, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Great Neck, NY. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Sadighim is affiliated with MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Ebrahim Sadighim has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ebrahim Sadighim has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Ebrahim Sadighim has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
Dr Sadighim hardly spent any time with me and appeared uncaring. He just conducted a few exams so that he could check it off on a list, gave me an EKG although I have no heart issues and then had his secretary try to milk me extra charges that appeared to be gratuitous. When I tried to ask the doctor why he was charging me extra for things like a new file, he played good cop bad cop with his secretary and said that because he likes me he will give me a discount. The whole appointment was extremely weird and unprofessional. Never going back.
My family members and I have been to Dr Sadighim for a number of years. We went to him because he speaks Persian (which was helpful for my parents and grandparents) and was local. However, after many visits to the hospital for preventable causes, we have concluded with the help of some attending physicians that Dr Sadighim is incompetent and dangerous for his patients. He has misdiagnosed cases of pneumonia for the flu and heart attack for dizziness. He has also given medications with debilitating interactions. While he may speak well and has a pleasant bedside manner, it is no substitute for safe medical care.
My family members and I have gone to Dr Sadighim for a number of years. He had the advantage of being local and speaking Persian so that my parents and grandparents could communicate with him easily. However, after having to accompany family members of mine to the hospital due to preventable conditions (asthma exacerbations, fainting due to very low blood pressure from over-prescribed blood pressure medications), I have realized with the aid of a number of other physicians that he is misdiagnosing, under-treating, or over-treating his patients. Many people have died under his care. The only reason he may still be practicing is because most of his patients are elderly, or don't speak English, and when he mishandles their cases no one complains because it may be said that the patient was old, had a number of conditions, or because of the culture of the community he works with who do not hold people accountable because they are unfamiliar with the laws of the land.
Dr. Sadighim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Iran University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1977
Tehran University Of Medical Science
Dr. Ebrahim Sadighim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEbrahim Sadighim Md, 138 Middle Neck Rd, Great Neck, NY
Dr. Ebrahim Sadighim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Great Neck, NY.