Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ed A Itawi has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Rectal Pain
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Bowel Resection
- Fecal Soiling (Encopresis)
- Abdominal Pain
- Rectal Cancer
- Rectal Prolapse
- Crohn's Disease
- Rectal Bleeding
- Anal Itching (Pruritus Ani)
- Fecal Incontinence
- Colon Cancer
- Anal Ulcer (Fissure in Ano)
- Anal Cancer (Anus Neoplasms)
Showing 5 of 24
Our experience with Dr. Itawi is that he is a kind and compassionate surgeon. He spent an immense amount of time explaining very complex medical conditions to our 85 year old uncle. He was very clear and tried to explain the surgery procedure very thoroughly; he was very concerned for our uncle's well being. He has called and checked on his progress every step of the way and returned to the hospital promptly when he was needed. He called us at home to clarify the procedures that we needed to follow. He has even called our uncle at the rehab facility to check on his progress. Dr. Itawi deserves the highest ratings in all areas.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ed A Itawi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBronson Methodist Hospital, 601 John St, Kalamazoo, MI
Dr. Ed A Itawi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kalamazoo, MI.