Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eddie C Beal has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Eddie C Beal has the following 14 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
Dr. Eddie C Beal has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Eddie C Beal is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 44
I started going to Dr. Beal in 2011. At first the staff was very nice & courteous, but they are Wolves in sheep clothing! Could care less about patients. Just there receiving a check to be rude. In this type of practice front office staff should be caring, compassionate, & professional at all times! I reported my dissatisfaction to the Dr., but he believes his staff members don't do any thing wrong, but yes they do! Miss Dee & Miss Carolyn both need to go to training classes on how to conduct business at a Dr's office, especially psychiatry!. Now the positive note: Dr. Beal is very well educated & knowledgeable of psychiatry! Group therapy gets 5 stars from me! This has where I receive the most help. Dr. Beal conducts a great group therapy on every Wednesday. I understand that Dr's have to be called away for emergencies & that's when the staff should come in & treat patients with kindness. This staff could care less! The office is in a old house & needs a thorough CLEANING! Actually just remodeling the building would be the ideal thing to do. Regardless of what class of people come there it needs to be clean at all times & air freshened up! Dr. Beal I hope you take time to read these comments that patients write. Please make some changes for the better! Starting with that rude staff up front! They hurt your business!!!
Caring professional. Always spends time with me and listens. Dr. Beal is a gentle spirit and healer who gives excellent counsel. Not just a psychiatric pill mill like I've experienced with other doctors in the past. Sometimes the wait is a bit long for an appointment, but I consider the time well worth it to go to Dr. Beal.
Dr. Beal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Emory University School Of Medicine
Dr. Eddie C Beal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Neuropsychiatry, 1093 Cleveland Ave, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Eddie C Beal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.