Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Edgar A Fike IV
Dr. Edgar A Fike IV, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Enid, OK. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Edgar A Fike IV has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Edgar A Fike IV has the following 16 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Edgar A Fike IV has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edgar A Fike IV is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 7
On my 2nd. visit he mocked me when I explained the pain was practically nonexistent. He had me get up on a table in a sitting position and slammed my right leg to the side. Of course it hurt then, as he gave me a lecture on how he would survive a fall because he was flexible and I would. not, I would break my hip. This certainly didn't convince me to have him do a hip replacement. Also x-rays were taken on my first visit, I never saw them. No one explained the procedure or what type of artificial hip they use. Real concerns since some are defective.
I would not choose this doctor again, but not necessarily because of Dr. Fike. Before my appointment I called all around town checking prices for an appointment. When I finally got the bill I was angry. The charge for a new patient was $333. When I had called checking prices it was $174. That's a lot to go up in the 5 weeks I had to wait for that appointment. Then after the exam and some xrays he recommended the knee be drained of excessive fluid (it was visually swollen) and then given a cortisone shot. When he gave me the shot to deaden before doing the draining the pain was so severe I was barely able to handle it. He waited a while before attempting to drain. When he started to drain I screamed out so loud because of the pain I begged him to stop immediately. He did. Total time attempting to drain was about 5 seconds. The bill for that part was $120. I called their office after receiving the bill to complain about being charged for a procedure that was NOT done. I was told to leave a voice mail for their RN and they would get back within 24 hours. They didn't. Called and left a message again the next week. Still no response back. This time the office person that answered said she believes if a procedure is recommended you are billed for it whether it was done or not. Really?? Called their customer service place in Texas. I was told they are only allowed to bill for a certain percentage because of their contract with BCBS but the charges are what they are. 1 month after the cortisone shot the pain was starting to come back. I cancelled the follow up because I was afraid of what new charges would be added. Guess I will have to live with it.
25 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Edgar A Fike IV accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEnid Gastroenterology Inc, 330 S 5th St Ste 203, Enid, OK
Dr. Edgar A Fike IV is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Enid, OK.