Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edgar O Horger IV has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Pregnancy in Diabetics
- Fetal Diseases
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Fetal Erythroblastosis
- Pregnancy Complications
- Breastfeeding Problems
- Birth Defects or Abnormalities (Congenital Abnormalities)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
My child has been a patient for over 10 years and there was never a rush, well that was then and this is now. Since Dr. H's left and ventured out on his on ( I'm happy for him) he's seem to have forgotten about those who helped him become the great doctor he is today ( all children ( appointment or not). If you don't have an appointment you're in trouble, I've been told to take my child to the ER during a sick visit (before 1:00pm). I can remember when those rooms really where for sick children, not any more. Appointments take priorities over all else and even if you have an appointment someone else does too ( during that time) so you're still waiting. I miss when Dr. Horger made all children a priority, now I feel as if my child is cattle.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
29 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Carolinas Medical Center
Dr. Edgar O Horger IV accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSeaside Pediatrics Pa, 1606 Wellington Ave Ste E, Wilmington, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edgar O Horger IV in this video.
Dr. Edgar O Horger IV is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, NC.