Dr. Edgar Pollak Is this you?

Gave up on diagnosing me

Posted on November 6th, 2017

I'm still in the process of figuring out my diagnosis for a tricky disorder after first being seen by Dr. Pollak. He ordered a bunch of tests (good) which came back negative, at which point he decided it was a psychiatric condition (which I do have, but could not be responsible for all my symptoms.) He gave up trying to figure out what was wrong with me and I had to request to be seen by specialists. He also never explained what my tests showed or what conditions they were testing for. Also made judgmental comments about me not taking weight loss seriously, even though I've lost over 15 lbs this year.

Poor bedside manner!

Posted on October 19th, 2017

I do not recommend Dr. Pollack due to his poor bedside manner. Several times when I saw him he barely looked at me while talking, commented "repeatedly" about my "obesity" and severely lacked compassion re; this. Minimized completely a 4 lb weight loss that I was proud of. Do NOT be late or you will be almost scolded. It doesn't matter what the reason is. Things happen. He is dealing with a sick population. Maybe his patient had a hard time getting out of bed to even get there!!! In my opinion, he is too busy and often rushing. I will not return to him because of these things. In closing, I WILL say that I believe he is a good doctor with diagnosing, etc. He just needs to work on his bedside manner.

Posted on November 2nd, 2017