Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Edgardo Pellegrini
Dr. Edgardo Pellegrini, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami, FL. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pellegrini is affiliated with Homestead Hospital Inc, Pan American Hospital and Jackson South Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Edgardo Pellegrini has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Edgardo Pellegrini has the following 1 expertise
- Heart Failure
Dr. Edgardo Pellegrini has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edgardo Pellegrini is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Pellegrini is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Homestead Hospital Inc
Pan American Hospital
Jackson South Community Hospital
South Miami Hospital Inc
Baptist Hospital Of Miami Inc
Kendall Regional Medical Center
Jackson Memorial Hospital
Columbia Kendall Medical Center
Columbia Deering Hospital
Metropolitan Hospital of Miami
44 Years Experience
Universidad Nacional De Cuyo
Graduated in 1969
Sisters Of Charity Hospital
Dr. Edgardo Pellegrini accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
Locations & Directions9193 SW 72nd St, Miami, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edgardo Pellegrini, MD - Nephrology in Miami, FL, in this video.
Dr. Edgardo Pellegrini is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.