Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edith Y Cheng
Dr. Edith Y Cheng, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA, with other offices in Seattle, WA and Renton, WA . She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Maternal and Fetal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Clinical Genetics (M.D.). Dr. Cheng is affiliated with Harborview Medical Center and Providence Regional Medical Center Everett. Dr. Cheng has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Edith Y Cheng has the following 3 specialties
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Clinical Genetics (M.D.)
Dr. Edith Y Cheng has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Edith Y Cheng is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 4
I was referred to Dr. Cheng by my primary OB after having 3 consecutive miscarriages in a short period of time. I was very disappointed with my appointment. Dr. Cheng completely brushed off my concerns and offered little compassion towards my situation. She literally shrugged her shoulders when I told her that I'd been depressed since my most recent miscarriage. She told me that miscarriages happen "all the time" and that, being in my 20s, I should just try again and then go back to my regular OB. She seemed bored and annoyed with me. I was upset at her unwilingness to get to the bottom of my problem. I left that appointment very discouraged. She reluctantly ran a few blood tests, one of which came back slightly outside the normal range, but never followed up with me about the results, even when I called the office multiple times. I have since seen a different MFM doctor, who, along with being much more compassionate, ran some thorough tests and discovered that I have a fairly significant blood clotting condition that is likely the cause of my losses. We now have a plan in place for when I get pregnant again. I would not reccomend Dr. Cheng to anyone.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2018)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Cheng is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of Washington Medical Center
Dr. Edith Y Cheng accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Pacific Medical Centers WA
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera VA Mason Med Center: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Evergreen Health Partners
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edith Y Cheng, MD - Maternal and Fetal Medicine in Seattle, WA, in this video.
Dr. Edith Y Cheng is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Seattle, WA.