Dr. Edith Lepgold Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Edith Lepgold?

Disapointed/ frustrated

Posted on June 11th, 2015

No notice given for leaving practice. Left patients with appointments and no notification until too late to reschedule with another doctor. Capital medical waited 6 weeks to notify regular patients they did not have an appointment. So disappointed and do not know how I will get prescriptions filled. Very frustrated with system.

My single stars would be 0 stars

Posted on February 27th, 2015

I am no longer a patient of Dr. Edith Lepgold. She is a one of a kind professional that I have never experienced before! I hope there are VERY FEW like her out there. She is surly, ill-mannered, condecending, insolent, etc., etc., and etc. I was in awe during my time with her. Immediately after my appointment, I found the Records Department where I obtained the necessary form to have my file sent to my future Internist. With so many capable, caring and empathetic physicians out there, please, do yourself a favor and kick this one to the bottom of your list.

Incompetent

Posted on February 2nd, 2014

After seeing several specialists and undergoing a number of tests I still had no diagnosis or treatment, so I decided to see an internist. I arrived to my appointment a bit late and I wasn't quite finished filling out the required forms when I was ushered in to see Dr. Lepgold. She took a look at the top of the first form --where the patient is asked to list the three main concerns and to list other doctors already consulted-- and told me point blank she couldn't help me. All of my other papers (e.g. my health history) were still blank and she already had made her determination. She didn't think it was necessary to ask about my medical history, current medications, etc. She said she knew what kinds of tests the specialists ordered and she wouldn't be able to do anything differently. Up to that point, I actually didn't mind her 'frankness.' However, I made the mistake of attempting to somehow benefit from the appointment and asked what, if anything, she would recommend I try next. She proceeded to lecture me on the 'myth of Fibromyalgia,' which I never mentioned since I didn't suspect it as the cause of my problems. Her tone was not that of a medical professional but rather sounded like a stand up comedienne delivering one snide remark after another --about my symptoms, about some of the doctors I had already seen. She also mentioned, matter-of-factly, I might want to see a neuropsychiatrist but made no reference as to why she thought it was necessary and made no referrals or recommendations. All of this took place in under 5 minutes. I have seen my share of doctors who have a curt demeanor and I don't mind them so long as they focus on results. I would characterize Dr. Lepgold as indolent and incompetent and her bedside manner as brash, callous and condescending.

A very competent and caring doctor.

Posted on January 3rd, 2014

I felt very comfortable discussing my problems and concerns with her and am glad I found a doctor who listens. She was direct and gave her full attention to me while we discussed my options and I left feeling confident that I have found a doctor I can talk to.

Refreshing brisk style, right to the point!

Posted on December 4th, 2013

In a few minutes she clarified things for me , fitting me in for what might have been a serious problem when my regular doctor was unavailable. If you are used to northern style of caring , you'll appreciate her directness. If I didn't already have a doctor I like, I'd consider switching to her. New Yorker.

Posted on October 15th, 2013

The worst doctor ever. She has no empathy. She is not smart. She just want the money. Protect yourself and stay away. She is harmful to your health. I have never been treated this poorly by a doctor. She definitely fails in the mantra "Do no harm." She does plenty. Why by a GP if you dislike people? Come on.

Posted on June 1st, 2013

My 2+ years with Dr. Lepgold as my primary care physician were not good ones. She did seem to take some interest in my general health, but not to any notable degree, despite continuing to tell me that I was a very sick person. She was dismissive of other medical practitioners in my life, some of whom have been very helpful. Other than taking pills, she had no thoughts about improving or maintaining health. Her nurse is rude, short- tempered and incompetent, more than once scheduling me for appointments which were unnecessary, once even when Dr. Lepgold was out of town. Sometimes the nurse would put me in the examination room to wait for the doctor without asking any questions concerning medication, etc. and taking no vitals. Phone calls, even to make an appointment, are not returned with any degree of promptness. When there was not an appointment snafu, Dr. Lepgold was fairly prompt. I am happy to not be a patient there anymore.

Posted on April 8th, 2013

The worst doctor I have ever met in my life. My doctor was on vacation so I was scheduled with her. She resented seeing me and passed me off to another doctor. And it was not done nicely.

Posted on March 2nd, 2013

very unprofessional, uncaring and terrible bedside manner. Have never met a doctor quite like her. Will not go back.

Rude and dismissive

Posted on January 19th, 2013

I have never been treated so rudely or unprofessionally. This doctor possesses no bedside manner which could be forgiven if she was a competent medical practitioner. However she isn't. Stay away.

Posted on November 11th, 2012

this doctor is mean. Her bedside manner is horrible and my mother in tears. Stay away

Attentive and professional

Posted on March 26th, 2012

I have had a very positive experience with Dr. Lepgold every time I had to go in. She listened to my concerns, provided me with treatment options, and patiently answered every single question Ive had. I would highly recommend her to family and friends.