Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edmond I Griffin has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Basal Cell
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
had a scheduled doctor visit with Griffin for some minor dermotological issues. My appointment was at 9:30 am and by 11:00 am I was still waiting to see him. When he finally came into the examination room I briefly explained that I had three problems I wanted him to examine. He told me to "pick one" because he did not have time to examine more than one. Mind you these were minor problems and all I wanted him to do is look at each and provide his opinion about what to do if anything. I told him that I had waited 1.5 hours and was not going to come back for a second visit so he could examine the other two. He walked out of the room. The man is clearly burnt out and in my humble opinion should not be seeing patients at all. If I could give him a -10 I would. Schedule an appointment at your own risk. The are many better dermotologists in Atlanta than Griffin. Oh, and up until this appointment, I had be seeing Griffin for 10 years! Maybe he was having a bad day but no one should ever be treated this way by their doctor or by anyone else they are paying.
I've been going to Dr. Griffin to treat teenage acne scars for the past three years. The treatments he has suggested and performed have changed my life and my confidence! Dr. Griffin is intuitive and very kind. He also makes visits (and even procedures!) fun, because he is so energetic and entertaining - but also relaxed. I would suggest his expertise to anyone!
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
47 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Metrohealth Medical Center
Dr. Edmond I Griffin accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGriffin Center For Hair, 5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 175, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Edmond I Griffin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.