Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edmund S Evangelista
Dr. Edmund S Evangelista, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mission Viejo, CA. His specialties include Sports Medicine, Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Evangelista is affiliated with Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center. Dr. Evangelista has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Edmund S Evangelista has the following 3 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Edmund S Evangelista has the following 8 expertise
- Surgery Recovery
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Chronic Pain
- Sports Medicine
- Nerve Damage
Dr. Edmund S Evangelista has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edmund S Evangelista is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
As somebody who used to own a company that covertly recorded and utilized "game film" of customer service and sales experiences to conduct training workshops tailored to improve the quality of interactions with interfacing staff, I am acutely sensitive and well qualified to speak regarding the subtle details that have such a profound impact on a companyâs reputation in customer-centric areas. I am very impressed with the perfect balance of friendliness and professionalism that I encountered throughout my treatment at Community Orthopedic. If I were asked to come up with a criticism of any aspect of my experience, I honestly would not be able. Everyone I encountered was awesome, and I was made to feel like any one of the staff would have gone above and beyond the call of duty for me. I am not an easy customer. I have high standards, ask a lot of questions, am unnervingly careful about verifying every aspect of my treatment and costs in advance, etc. Many places I have been either drop the ball in meeting my expectations or grow impatient with my requests. Community Ortho scored glowing marks in both of these areas. Of special note was Dr. Edmund Evangelistaâs outstanding bedside manner. He really listens to his patients and is very thorough in his methodology of getting to the root cause. While in his office, you get the feeling that he really cares. He is professional, intelligent, humble, considerate, and makes you feel important. I was very nervous about having a procedure done that I was told could be pretty painful. Dr. Evangelista patiently answered a barrage of my questions, and explained what he was doing every step of the way. His careful execution seemed very gentle. I was both relieved and grateful to get out of there with very little pain at all. I would definitely recommend Community Orthopedic and Dr. Evangelista to anyone in need of relevant services. The group is noticeably well run, and the staff is a paradigm of excellence in customer service and professionalism.
Was referred here for pain managment. Dr. Evangalista spent a huge amount of time listening and asking questions. Seemed to just take in the information but when it came to actually helping he offered no treatment option but rather just referred it out to someone else. Felt like he just passed me off to another dr because he didn't want to deal with my case.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Evangelista is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Tufts University School Of Medicine
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Edmund S Evangelista accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCommunity Orthopedic Medical Group, 26401 Crown Valley Pkwy Ste 101, Mission Viejo, CA
Dr. Edmund S Evangelista is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Viejo, CA.