Dr. Edmund Lawrence Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Edmund Lawrence Jr?

Warning: Don't Use Him For Your Child

Posted on October 25th, 2017

My son was diagnosed at St. Vincent's in Toledo and had to have emergency brain surgery to place his shunt. The doctors bed-side manner is extremely rude. He made dismissive remarks when we asked about our son's care. He cut us off when we were speaking or spoke over us. The worst of this ordeal happened when my son kept having episodes of vomiting and seizures and I would call the doctor. He said my son probably had acid reflux. In actuality the device Dr. Lawrence placed in my son's head to divert his brain fluid was over draining which caused him to become very ill and develop a syndrome called slit ventricle syndrome. Long story short, if your child is sick do not take him to this man. His lack of concern for my son has caused him a great deal of pain. My son is now 14 years old and suffers terribly with constant head pain from the slit ventricle in his brain. If the doctor would have listened to me my son may not have had to suffer. Please see a pediatric neurosurgeon.

Excruciating pain gone!

Posted on May 1st, 2017

After suffering almost a year from a neck/spine injury I found Dr. Lawrence. He admitted me and performed C5,C6,C7 radiculopathy replacing my damaged disks with Titanium Disks. I could barely walk into Dr. Lawrence's office, the pain was so bad. Immediately following surgery I want to go home. PAIN GONE!!! Thank you Dr. Lawrence for giving me back my life only pain free.

NO, SERIOUSLY. WTF ???

Posted on March 1st, 2017

Within the first two minutes of my first (and only) appointment, I told the "doctor" that the center of my low back was so excruciating I couldn't bear to have it touched. He said, "I'll just look". He then JAMMED his finger HARD into that exact area. I screamed and fell to my knees. He said, "Aww, you're so sensitive. I bet you're an empath. I bet you feel all the feelings of all the little bunnies in the world". Those were his exact words. I was otherwise shamed and berated for other things I tried to explain about my condition. When I needed to kneel down to take pressure off my back, he told me how weird I was and said he bet people have told me I'm weird my whole life. He spent much of the appointment glorifying himself. I can handle hearing I need to be "put in my place" (because I'm a woman) when it is forced upon me, but this neurosurgeon purposefully harmed my already severely injured back. That makes Dr. E. Lawrence, Jr. a danger. I absolutely cannot comprehend that he is practicing medicine. I reported him to Promedica. No one called me back.

No problems with trust.

Posted on August 18th, 2016

Had surgery on L5 around 23 years ago.. I am faceing a different problem and I have no issues . If I get anything done I go with experience/ that he has ! Experience is the keyword here.

Posted on July 1st, 2016

he did my back surgery l5 s1 great job !!

Best Neurosurgeon I've ever or will have.

Posted on January 5th, 2016

I had my head surgery last year and will be forever grateful to Dr. Lawerence and his staff. Though we butted heads in the beginning over certain things, I was able to suck it up and ignore his "different style bedside manner". I will not give you a bad rating for bedside manner. I dealt with other Neurosurgeons that had far worse attitudes. He TRULY is a life saver! I would never let another Neurosurgeon near me. If you have the head surgery I had just note, your recovery will be long and I got a lot of good information from his nurses during the long months. I feel wonderful now and so grateful I'm alive. Also his follow up appointment was funny..but okay I'll ignore that too. You do great things Dr Lawerence and so do your nurses!

Posted on November 19th, 2015

High marks for knowledge, surgical skill and years of experience. He doesn't try to impress the patient nor family with his bedside manners but he's very good in correcting cervical and lumbar fusions. I understand that he was one of the very first neurosurgeons in the region to utilize microsurgery to minimize incision size and after surgery healing.

Daughters Back Surgery

Posted on August 14th, 2013

My daughter was in pain for over a year. We went to dr Lawrence and he scheduled surgery. She was walking and no pain first day! He also operated on several family members of mine and they all have success stories! Great Job Doctor!!

Posted on February 16th, 2013

I had back surgery over 30yrs ago. I was paralyzed frm waist down on right side in extreme pain. At the time dr. Lawrence was only 40yrs old and his son Maximillon was 6yrs old. Dr. L examined me, took me into surgery and by that night I was on my feet taking steps without any pain. As far as I m concerned Dr. Lawrence is the best. I'm 69yrs old and haven't any problems or back pain since Dr. L. Operated on me some 30yrs ago. I would recommend Dr. L in a heart beat.

PLIF L5-S1

Posted on June 21st, 2011

Great surgeon. Did the fusion in 2003 and I have had no problems whatsoever since then.

AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on January 6th, 2011

My experience with this doctor has been one of disappointment and regret. I had a surgery of the cervical spine. It has never been right since. I have since went to 3 other surgeons throughout the state and each doctor had serious concerns with what was done. The techiques and material used were antiquated and highly criticized by the surgeons. I am currently in Columbus,OH getting yet another opinion on having the surgery re-done. His bed-side manner is horrific and follow-up is a ridiculous 5 minutes. I expressed my concerns about the pain after the surgery but he would not listen to it and became defensive. Go to Detroit, Cleveland or Columbus if you have to but avoid this surgeon. My surgery was 2 years ago and I have been in severe pain ever since. I do not recommend this surgeon to anyone. I wish I had read a review on him before I had it done.

lower back op with hardwear

Posted on August 23rd, 2010

I had disc replacement in my lower back. he took disc out replaced it and put in a disc and a rod with 2 screws. after the opp i stated that i had increased leg pain. he said it would go away. it never did come to find out four mounts later one of the screws he put in hit or went though the nerve going down my leg. so now i have permanet nerve damage in my. and there is nothing he can do about it. he says it will get better but it has been about 2 years and hasnt changed any yet. i would not recomend him to ANY one.