Dr. Edmund Settle Jr Is this you?

13 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Edmund Settle Jr?

Worst doctor experience of my life

Posted on July 14th, 2015

Before this doctor, I had an amazing psychiatrist who truly listened to me., because of her I was seeing amazing improvement that I hadn't had in years. This doctor moved away and I was passed along to Edmund C Settle jr. As soon as I say down, he told me he was taking me off the only medication that has ever brought me relief because of his old fashioned view that this medication wasn't good for someone with my disorder- despite the fact that my last 3 psychiatrists all prescribed it to me for years with amazing results. He said if I don't agree with his decision, the I need to go find another doctor because his decision was final. On top of that, he told me he was increasing my other medication which severely impairs my functioning even at a low dose. He put me on a plan that would increase the dosage of this other medication to THREE TIMES my current dosage that I'd been taking for years which had been working just fine. His reasoning was that my current progress on the minimum dosage was merely a coincidence and he said that a major problem was going to happen in the future (despite my history of consistent progress.) Before I met him, I was feeling the best I'd ever felt in years. The very first time I met him, he ruined all the progress it took me so long to get. He didn't care that I was doing do well on my meds, nor did he take my opinions into account AMD he disregarded ALL the decisions made by my previous doctors. Before meeting him I was set to return to school the next semester- after meeting him, I can barely leave my house. I will never forgive this man for what he did. My life was finally coming together and he completely wrecked my life and now I have to start my recovery process over from the beginning. It took me 3 years to get the progress I had and before dr settle even met me, he'd already made solid plans to change everything that had proven to help me.

Posted on October 29th, 2017