Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. J Pontes
Dr. J Pontes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, MI, with other offices in Warren, MI and Detroit, MI (and 2 other locations). He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Pontes is affiliated with Sinai-Grace Hospital, Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe and Hutzel Women's Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. J Pontes has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. J Pontes has the following 16 expertise
- Bladder Removal (Cystectomy)
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Germ Cell Cancer (Germ Cell and Embryonal Neoplasm)
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Ovarian Cancer (Dysgerminoma)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Testis Cancer (Testicular Neoplasm)
- Ureteral Obstruction
- Urethral Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma)
Dr. J Pontes has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. J Pontes is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Pontes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
Hutzel Women's Hospital
Harper University Hospital
Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Children's Hospital of Michigan
Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
Detroit Receiving Hospital
Beaumont Affiliation & Years on StaffRoyal Oak
Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute
49 Years Experience
Universidade Federal Do Ceara
Graduated in 1964
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. J Pontes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MI.