Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eduardo J Balbona has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 25
My husband and I were patients of Dr. Balbona ' s for several years but never again. My husband is currently recovering from a stroke, that was brought on by a medicine prescribed by Dr. Balbona. Dr. Balbona placed my husband on a medication and never took him off, only too late did we find out use of this medicine should be strictly limited to periods of no longer than 3 months otherwise severe effects can occur, my husband was left on this medicine for 5 years. The doctors we saw following his stroke were absolutely horrified he was left on this medication for so long. Needless to say we have placed our Healthcare in a different providers hands.
I am moving away from Jacksonville and hate to leave Dr. Balbona. He is a wonderful person and life saving Doctor, literally. The day I entered the emergency at St. Vincent's Hospital mid-stream in a heart attack, I gave them Dr. Balbona's name. He immediately shipped over my last EKG which allowed the doctors to see how severe my situation really was. They immeidately took me into surgery and saved my life. I will never forget Dr. Balbona, will miss his wonderful care and will always call him my favorite doctor and my friend.
Dr. Balbona has helped me for the past 6 years to manage meds for a complex medical condition. He is very intelligent, caring, kind, humble, and knowledgeable. I was very impressed that he had served as one of 3 doctors at the Capitol Bldg. in Washington, DC. He knows his medicine. Highly recommended.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Eduardo J Balbona accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArt Of Medicine, 2257 Oak St, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eduardo J Balbona in this video.
Dr. Eduardo J Balbona is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.