Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eduardo A Constantino
Dr. Eduardo A Constantino, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stony Brook, NY. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Addiction Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Constantino is affiliated with Stonybrook University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Eduardo A Constantino has the following 3 specialties
- Addiction Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
This is the worst, most un organized practice ever!!! After leaving message after message you will finally get a call back in 3 weeks if your lucky. They accepted my health insurance but its impossible to get an appointment. My son needed to be seen asap for anxiety and depression and was told it would be months before he could be seen. Rude and uncaring practice. I decided to see someone out of network and pay out of pocket even though I cant really afford it. Don't waste your time. Go and find a real Dr.
He gets to the point and maybe that's where the eye contact was an issue for that other reviewer. But I think his expertise outweighs that detail, he knows medicine, he's not there to be our friend. He's not super friendly but he's not unfriendly. "Nice" private practice Dr.'s want you to come back every month, he's not looking for that.
I found dr. Constantino at the perfect time. My son was dealing with severe health issues and he turned his life around. Dr. Constantino was patient, caring and fully understood what he was dealing with. I worked in Mental Health for many years and I can honestly say that this doctor is one of the best. I would not hesitate to recommend him.
Dr. Constantino is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1990
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Eduardo A Constantino accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStony Brook Psychiatry Associates, 2500 Nesconset Hwy Bldg 2, Stony Brook, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eduardo A Constantino in this video.
Dr. Eduardo A Constantino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stony Brook, NY.