More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eduardo Ibarguen-Secchia has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Eduardo Ibarguen-Secchia has the following 9 expertise
- Crohn's Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Celiac Disease
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Dr. Eduardo Ibarguen-Secchia has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 44
Dr. Ibarguen retired earlier this year. No one here has been as caring, knowledgeable, or as experienced. We will keep searching for a new pediatric GI. But no one has come close. Thanks for your care and we miss you 😢
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1983
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Specialists Of Texas, 4410 Medical Dr Ste 540, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Eduardo Ibarguen-Secchia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.