Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Edward Abramson
Dr. Edward Abramson, MD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in Alexandria, VA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Abramson is affiliated with Inova Mount Vernon Hospital, Inova Alexandria Hospital and Northern Virginia Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward Abramson has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Edward Abramson has the following 6 expertise
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Male Infertility
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Diseases (Prostatic Diseases)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
Dr. Edward Abramson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edward Abramson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 5
The office staff is absolutely terrible. You will struggle to get an appointment, and if you're smart and lucky, you will give up and go somewhere else. The appointment is just the beginning of your journey down the long road with this provider. A road that will lead to nowhere. Staff does not return calls (they said that have a 2 business day rule for call back); they will not provide test results without another appointment (see my first point above); and are generally unpleasant. I waited an hour in the office for my first appt - for just a routine appointment. There are better providers in Alexandria. Choose one of them.
Dr. Abramson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
Inova Alexandria Hospital
Northern Virginia Community Hospital
46 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1967
George Washington University Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsEdward G Abramson MD, 216 N Washington St, Alexandria, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward Abramson, MD, FACS - Urology in Alexandria, VA, in this video.
Dr. Edward Abramson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.