Dr. Edward Alfrey Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Edward Alfrey?

Dangerous Doctor

Posted on September 23rd, 2017

This man incorrectly told a friend she had 3 months to live. Serendipitously, she met another person who had gone to Alfrey and was told to go home and prepare for her colon to perforate, as he couldn't help her. Luckily she had the wherewithal to call UCSF who got her in for surgery very quickly. It is an outrage that people like this man are allowed to practice medicine.

Posted on August 28th, 2015

He was kind of rude and did not ask any questions about my tumor. He seemed like did not care.

Rude and uniformative

Posted on March 18th, 2015

Lack of info. Rude medical assistant hung up on me

kidney

Posted on March 14th, 2015

I received a kidney transplant from Dr Alfrey in 2005 at Hershey MC. His team was great, although he himself was quite bland and unemotional. He seemed like he was bored with his job. He did take a picture of the new kidney for me to keep. That was pretty neat. Overall he's an okay guy, with great experience.

Gallbladder Sx

Posted on December 28th, 2014

Take a moment to read through other patient reviews. The consistent pattern you will notice in the negative reviews -- other than horrible grammar and numerous spelling errors -- is that every bad experience people have with Dr.Alfrey is due to their believing that after looking on WebMD or doing a quick google search they understand their condition better than he does. As far as providing an accurate diagnosis and effective, successful surgery, you will not find better in Northern California. If you would like your surgeon to coddle you and tell you you are smart for making a self diagnosis online, look elsewhere. Suggestively therapy.

Galbadder sx

Posted on September 16th, 2013

One of the problems I have with dr alfry is ignoring a patients medical condition prior to operating and instituting pre-operative proticals when necessary. An example of the necessity of such protocols is with Addison's disease. I would advise anyone to look on the net about this if you have an autoimmune problem with severe fatigue and no energy. In my case I beleive it is very probable I have this and I feel dr alfry dropped the ball because this is a medical problem and he is a sx. I feel, if a sx is presented with medical evidence indicating addisons ( like calcium deposits showing up on an ultrasound in a patients kidneys) the sx has an obligation to advise and treat the pt accordingly, even if dr alfry is not a primary care md for Addison's. Like I mentioned, there are pre-op protical measures for an addisons pt going into sx. Do your homework, your primary md may not be doing their job and apparently a sx is reluctant to intervene and clue the patient in on a very serious condition.

Great where it counts

Posted on November 3rd, 2012

I had surgery performed by Dr. Alfrey just over a year ago, and he did an excellent job. My recovery was perfect, and there were no surprises. While he does not go out of his way to speak in detail with his patients, I've found that he will take the time to answer any question you have (this seems to be a common trait in most surgeons). While his bedside manner may not be the best (but certainly not the worst either), he did an excellent job where it really counted. While I hope to never require similar surgery again, I would absolutely return to him.

Posted on December 3rd, 2008

This guy spent zero time with me. He explained nothing. He was very short with me. He didn't appreciate my questions. If I had not asked questions I would have known nothing. There is no way I'm going to let this guy cut in to me. I'm looking for another doctor.

Posted on April 18th, 2015