Dr. Edward Atkin Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Edward Atkin?

stone age doctors office

Posted on November 3rd, 2015

Only problem with this office is they DO NOT take any form of credit card payments. So for us that have set the money aside on a credit card you cant use it.

Butcher

Posted on August 18th, 2012

First, he gives you a hand-written receipt for everything. My insurance company accepted it, but hassled me a lot because it was hand-written. He needs to get with the times, and use a printer for proper paperwork!Second, I only needed a tiny "thing" removed from the side of my head, just behind my eye. It was about half the size of a pencil eraser, but Dr. Atkin made a cut nearly 4 inches long!!! And it bled so much; I could have sworn his assistant was going to call for an ambulance! Third, his stitching was so poor there is a horrible scare! I spoke to a plastic surgeon, and she was very surprised to see that the puncture marks from the stiches were still so visible 8 months later; not to mention the 4inch scare itself. I only found out later that a plastic surgeon could have performed the surgery and my insurance would have covered it. My advice, stay away from that butcher Dr. Atkins! See a dermatologist for diagnoses, but see a plastic surgeon for the surgery!

Great help with acne, mole removal and general skin check

Posted on July 7th, 2011

My 15 year old son has been seeing Dr. Atkin for acne treatment and recently had a mole removed for cosmetic reasons. I have been very impressed with the way he talks to my son directly and with calm compassion. We have been able to get in quickly every time we've called. My son was not at all nervous about the surgery and we were very pleased with the thought and care that Dr. Atkin put in to the incision and stitches. The scarring is minimal and will blend in with the natural lines of my son's face. I was even comfortable enough to go in and have a skin cancer check done on myself - not a ton of fun - but Dr. Atkin made it ok.

Dr, Atkins and his staff were great

Posted on February 9th, 2011

I have a great 1st time appt. I called the office and the office lady gave am an appt. got me right in. Dr. was nice and help me with my skin issues. Thanks you so much for all your help.

FYI..........

Posted on September 24th, 2010

I have to say to all the people that come on the web site like I do to find a Dr. and read what people say about them is that Dr. Atkins was a great Dr. the office staff was wounderful and the Dr. helped me understand what was wrong with my skin. I think that the people who came here to write some of things they did is they want a free ride in life and want everything for free. the sad thing is you are putting a good Dr. down and all he is trying to do is help you.... I want to tell you all that I would refer. Dr. Atkins to my friends and family and I would see him again.... thanks

Would NOT recommend this Dr

Posted on July 30th, 2010

I am very displeased with Dr. Atkin. I went to see him and he seemed very attentive. Unfortunately he didn't pay attention to what I said or what was in my chart info and prescribed me a medication that I had specifically notified him that I was ALLERGIC to. I almost ended up in the hospital over this event and having no insurance the office visit and the medication (that I can't even take) cost more than I could afford. It has taken me a week off the meds to feel better and now I can't even get ahold of him to get him to prescibe something that I can take!!

a great Dermatology office

Posted on July 28th, 2010

I came to the dr. as a new patient and what a wounderful visit is was. the Dr. was very helpful and help me find a medication to help with my acne. The nurse was nice as well. The front office lady was nice and helped me understand my insurance and had such a great attitude and smily. What a great office I will tell my friends and come back again.

Posted on July 27th, 2010

the front office lady was great nice and that made the visit wounderful..thanks

Unfair business practice

Posted on March 16th, 2010

User Rating: 1 out of 5 stars by Unknown 03/16/2010 I saw Dr. Atkin on Nov 2009 because of my skin problem. Dr. Atkin told me that we should do a lab work. I specific asked the doctor and the nurse would my insurance cover the lab work. The nurse took my insurance card and spoke with my insuracne cover the phone. The nurse came back and told me my insurance would cover 100% of the lab work. Couple months later, I receive a bill from the CTA Lab. CTA Lab charge me $ 209.31.Why I was told by the nurse from Dr Atkin office otherwise?Did they want to get me agree to the lab work first and did not care the consequebce that the customer face?If I was told my insurance would not cover the lab work, I would not agree to do the lab work.It is very unfair and unethical business practice

Posted on July 26th, 2012