Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward J Brandecker
Dr. Edward J Brandecker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Abilene, TX, with another office in Abilene, TX. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Brandecker is affiliated with Rolling Plains Home Health and Hendrick Medical Center Ltac. Dr. Brandecker has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward J Brandecker has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Surgery Recovery
- Nerve Damage
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Sports Medicine
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Spinal Injections
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr.Brandecker helped me when no one else would.In 2000 I could barely walk. He did an epidural but medicine would not go in my legs , he sent me to Dr Duarte where I had back surgery. It helped for a while but never healed me.I started back with Dr. Brandecker in 2007/2008 and have had around 17 spinal epidurals for back and leg pain. The epidurals stopped working but he continues to take care of my pain control. He is a very kind and compassionate man and tells you the truth.
I was visiting my sister in Abilene, Texas when I developed sciatica after helping her to move. We asked around and was told that SpineAbilene was the place to go for my back. I made an appointment with Dr. Brandecker. He was kind and genuinely interested in my problem. I received physical therapy at SpineAbilene along with medication. Within 2 weeks my pain was improved enough for me to return home to Florida! Thank you Dr. Brandecker for being there when I needed a doctor.
The first time I met Dr. Brandecker I thought he was the biggest jerk I had ever met. Unfortunately there is a stigma that comes with being on workman's comp and that reared it's ugly head with the first visit. I was treated like a number. The second visit was a complete 180. I was treated as a person with a significant back injury. He was kind, friendly and informative. I chalked the first visit up to a bad day. I've heard from others in the medical community that he can be moody but I'm looking for to my next visit with him.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Brandecker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Edward J Brandecker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward J Brandecker in this video.
Dr. Edward J Brandecker is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Abilene, TX.