Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward T Braye Jr has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I thought Dr. Braye was great until there was an insurance mix up and my policy didn't cover care for the first month of my son's life. I carried a significant balance with the office, which was fine and could get paid. My two boys both were severely congested for weeks. Being as young as they were over the counter meds weren't gonna knock any infection out. I went in for care, and Dr. Braye shoved me to the side with an 'over the counter remedy'. I had already been doing so for three weeks, and they were getting worse. He would not give antibiotics. I moved to another pediatrician, which did give the care to knock out infection. Now that I've switched pediatricians, Dr. Braye's office refuses to release my children's records to the new doctor due to an unpaid balance. Though I owe this office money, it is unethical to obtain records and no release them for nonpayment. This process has delayed immunizations and is an absolute frustration. I hope others to not have to go through the frustration this office has brought me.
I was referred by this doctor because I heard he was one of the best. My experience has been less than satisfactory. He never answers my concerns and wouldn't refer my kids out when they continually kept getting sick. Another major problem he has is never calling with results of any labs, xrays, etc. I am highly unhappy with this dr and recommend you take head before seeing him.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
36 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Edward T Braye Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRegional Pediatrics, 8765 9th Ave, Port Arthur, TX
Dr. Edward T Braye Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Arthur, TX.