Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward B Burns Jr
Dr. Edward B Burns Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Surgery of the Hand and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Burns is affiliated with Oak Tree Hospital, Physicians Regional Medical Center and LaFollette Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward B Burns Jr has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Edward B Burns Jr has the following 4 expertise
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Edward B Burns Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
He was the one who performed my Dad's leg amputaion surgery, and he's been great with helping us in any way he can. Very kind and caring. And most importantly of all, he did his job wonderfully and the surgery has been free from compication and a huge success so far.
I came to this site earlier and there was only 1 rating. I entered my history as a patient of Dr.Burns and after comletion my page went blank. I returnd to this site and it indicated that 2 ratings had been entered but only 1 showed. The 2nd rating was missing. I assume it was the one I was trying to enter.I had gone to see Dr. Burns with an infected foot after being treated by an orthopedic doctor in a nearby town for over 5 months who had just told me he could nothing else for me except amputat the entire foot.Dr. Burns examined me, immediately ran tests,then reviewed the situation with me and my wife. He recommended that the best thing to do was remove just a toe.I agreed and this procedure was done. Dr. Burns set up the care and after only about 2 monts, the foot was totally healed. I am walking on the foot now.I would highly recommed Dr. Burns. He is a very caring professional who was concernd with my well being. I have used the services of many doctors in my'many' years and Dr. Burns stands out as one of the best!
Dr. Burns is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Campbell Fountation University Of Tennessee
Dr. Edward B Burns Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTennessee Orthopaedic Clinics, 1819 W Clinch Ave Ste 100, Knoxville, TN
Dr. Edward B Burns Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.