Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward Ainsworth Childs Jr
Dr. Edward Ainsworth Childs Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pine Hill, AL, with other offices in Uniontown, AL and Birmingham, AL (and 1 other location). He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ainsworth Childs is affiliated with Uab Medical West, UAB Health Center Moody and UAB Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward Ainsworth Childs Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Upon the leaving of Dr. Childs I was totally devastated. He was the best physican I had ever had. He took time with you as a patient and got to know you as an individual. It's rare to find doctor's like that anymore. I would recommend him to anyone who need an Internist. I really wish he would come back, because I am in need of a doctor.
Dr. Childs is greatly missed in Birmingham. He was the best doctor I've ever had. Explanation of anything was superb. Always felt comfortable talking with him. Always made you feel like you were the only patient for the day. Trying to figure out how I can still see him in Pine Apple. Don't laugh, not a joke. He's that great!
Dr. Ainsworth Childs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Uab Medical West
UAB Health Center Moody
UAB Medical Center
37 Years Experience
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Edward Ainsworth Childs Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward Ainsworth Childs Jr in this video.
Dr. Edward Ainsworth Childs Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pine Hill, AL.