Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward M Chin Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Growth Disorders
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Pituitary Diseases
Showing 5 of 15
I went to this doctor after being diagnosed with hypothyroidism and he refused to acknowledge I am sick even though I can only stay awake for a couple of hours a day and gained 80 pounds in 2 months without changing anything in my life. Openly mocked me and said that I should stop shoving food in my mouth and get off the couch and told me that I was perfectly healthy even though my test results said otherwise. He is not interested in his patients and i left the office in tears. He ignored all of my requests and is overall a very mean little man.
I would not recommend Dr. Chin to my worse enemy. He is the rudest Dr I have ever been to and I will never go back. My daughter came to the appointment with me and he looks at her and says "you need to leave, I talk to the patient not you." My family dr referred me to him to check on my thyroid. After he saw why I was sent to him he said "why are you even here, I can't do anything about this." He did not do a thing and I still got charged about $200. He does not deserve the title doctor.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
34 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Clinical Center At The Nih
Dr. Edward M Chin Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGRHealth Medical Center, 1120 15th St, Augusta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward M Chin Jr in this video.
Dr. Edward M Chin Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Augusta, GA.