Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Edward W Colt has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Edward W Colt has the following 16 expertise
- Pituitary Diseases
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid Diseases
Dr. Edward W Colt has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edward W Colt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 16
This man is either too old or too controlling to give good care. Look for another dr. if this is where your insurance points you. My wife , who has diabetes and is insulin dependent, missed one of her private appt's with this man so he decided to punish her by refusing to send in her prescription for insulin to the pharmacy. When my wife called in begging him to call the perspiration in he (and his receptions) added insult to injury and reduced my wife to tears by talking to her as if she was a 5 years old that needed to be disciplined Our insurance requires we use their mail order pharmacy making matters worse. This resulted in causing her to run completely out of insulin before the mail could get her prescription delivered. Buying these medications out of pocket is extremely expensive. So he put us in a very difficult position as we are not rich people. Because it happened over a weekend and the mail couldn't get here my wife was without her meds for days. We're lucky she didn't wind up in the hospital. Run the other way from these people - they're dangerous.
- St Georges Hospital Medical School
Va Medical Center (Washington Dc)
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMount Sinai Urgent Care & Multispecialty Physicians Upper West Side, 638 Columbus Ave, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward W Colt, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in New York, NY, in this video.
Dr. Edward W Colt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.