Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward J Durbin has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr Durbin is the most wonderful doctor. He has been my doctor for 3 pregnancies and also during a frightening time of abnormal paps and ultimately a conization. He is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. He's always willing to take extra time to put your mind at ease. His nursing staff is absolutely the best. Each time I am at the office, I am treated like I am their only patient. They remember personal information about me which makes me feel they really care about my health and the health of my babies. In addition, I have never waited more than a few minutes for appointments and in the past 8 years, with 3 pregnancies, I have had quite a few. I cannot give enough praise to Dr Durbin and his nurses, Chris and Genia.
I was extremely unhappy with this doctor! His nurses were friendly some days but other days quite short and rude. Several times his office told me to expect a call back from them and always forgot to call. I had Dr. Durbin for my first pregnancy up until 27 weeks (I finally switched after that week). He made me feel really stupid for asking questions (being a first time mom I had lots of them, because I didn't know what was normal or what to expect). Whenever I would ask him questions, he gave me the quickest and shortest explanation or response he possibly could. He often seemed so busy that he didn't take time to spend with me. Most of my appointments lasted less than 5 minutes. His office did not communicate well either- the nurse criticized me for taking medication that the doctor himself had prescribed. Overall this doctor was unprofessional nor was he courteous. I wouldn't suggest him to anyone.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Medical College Of Ohio Hospital
Dr. Edward J Durbin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Edward J Durbin is similar to the following 0 Doctors near South Bend, IN.