Dr. Edward A Ewald Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Edward A Ewald?

Excellent Rheumatologist!

Accurately diagnosed my illness. Has kept me in good health for several years now. Feel very fortunate to have found him, when any medical issues arise I am confident in his medical advice and treatment .

Very satisfied.

He has helped me a lot

No bedside manner

I walked out crying. Horrible bedside manner. Questioned everything I said. Ex. I told him my hands were swollen. He looks at them and says they do t look swollen to me. Really!?? It's you're 1st time seeing me. How would you know what they look like. Made me feel like I was annoying him. Felt like a complete idiot. I wouldn't go back even if he promised he would make all my pain go away. Receptionist wasn't that nice either. I asked her for my stuff please as I was crying l. She was like what stuff. Never in my life!

Find another Doctor, this one doesn't care. I don't know what his problem is but I felt more like an inconvenience or an annoyance, not a patient.

terrible experience

I went in today due to results from my PCP regarding arthritis coupled with lab results. He asked my symptoms, than stated my ANA came back positiVE which generally means lupus, but my symptoms "don't match". He never even asked any... All I knew was my body hurts. I told him that and he said "but where". So I proceeded to tell him, "my hands, hips, shoulders, back, knees" so he touched them and asked if anything swells or gets stiff I said yes. So he sent me off for lab work. When I asked a question he said "I don't think anything is wrong, so the discussion is unnecessary". I left with more questions than I had when I got there... Horrible.

After 30 years in the health field, I am stunned at the unprofessionalism of Dr. Ewald. I was told that after 4 visits, he could not give me a diagnosis because insurance could not be billed for both a cortisone injection and a discussion about the diagnosis. He just wanted to treat the pain. I explained that pain is a symptom and what would it take to figure out what was causing it, he shrugged. He was very rude and condescending....not a sympathetic doctor at all. He was only concerned about billing out insurance.

Do not see this Dr

Do not believe the rating system, this doctor is the most disrespectful non Caring doctor. His receptionist is worst than him. The rating are incorrect

I believe he only listened the first time...

His medical accessment was accurate and he did see you promptly. Diagnosis I am thankfull for his promptness in getting me help, however, he ignored symptoms of medication overdose and crossed meds he shouldn't have. Office staff does not call you back and there is no emergency system in place for you. What kind of specialist does not have an emergency protocol?

INCOMPENTENCE IS HIS MIDDLE NAME

The reason you have a short wait time is that he runs a factory mill type of service. He does not care about his patients and is just putting you through so he can collect his medicare payments. He does not keep abreast on any new treatments. I would not bring my dog to this doctor. Actually that is an insult to my dog because he is lower than a dog. He is a disgrace to NYU Medical School. If you care about your health do not go to this doctor.

Cares about insurance billing, not patient care

I have NEVER been to a doctor who is more concerned with billing the insurance companies and gathering his co-pays than this "doctor". He truly gives professionals with similar credentials a bad name. I saw him twice; in the first appt. he spent all of 5 minutes with me, and suggested I get blood work and x-rays for my situation and to follow-up. I want to add that he is also extremely quick with a prescription pad (making one wonder about his relationship with drug reps). When I arrived for my second appt. on a Friday afternoon, he was running very late. When he entered the room, he did not know who I was or why I was there. He had not even looked at my chart much less the results from my bloodwork or x-ray. I was prepared for a knee aspiration and had left work early to do so if he recommended it still. Just after explaining why I was there, he had to take a phone call patched into the examination phone. When he got off the phone, he said "We can have an office visit OR I can do the aspiration, but I cannot do both as insurance won't allow to bill for it". He then was interrupted AGAIN and left the office this time. When he returned, he simply picked up my chart and rattled off about my blood work and x-ray, talking for all of 2 minutes tops. When I asked if he would recommend aspiration still, he said yes, but said that I would have to come back since insurance blah blah blah. I tried to explain that I had taken off from work and that I hadn't given indication that I wanted an office visit (versus the aspiration - that whole scenario still leaving me confused as well as all the other medical professionals I have recounted this story too). The last thing he said to me before leaving the examination room was: "Besides, it's five o'clock and I can't stay later now."If you need or want true medical professionalism and patient interest/care, seek out another doctor. The insurance companies should look into his billing practices too.