Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward Feldmann MD
Dr. Edward Feldmann, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with another office in Springfield, MA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Feldmann is affiliated with Butler Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward Feldmann has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Edward Feldmann has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Edward Feldmann has the following 18 expertise
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Carotid Stenosis
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Brain Ischemia
- Basal Ganglia Cerebrovascular Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Brain Disorder
Dr. Edward Feldmann is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward Feldmann - Posted on November 12th, 2008
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward Feldmann - Posted on August 15th, 2008
Poor organization and follow-up
Self-verified patient of Dr. Edward Feldmann - Posted on August 6th, 2008
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Feldmann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1983
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Edward Feldmann Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Edward Feldmann's office for more information.
800 Washington St Boston, MA : (617) 636-7645
759 Chestnut St Springfield, MA : (413) 794-0000
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward Feldmann, MD - Neurology in Boston, MA, in this video.
Dr. Edward Feldmann is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boston, MA.