Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward V Ferrell Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 39
Has been my primary care physician for years, and also my late husband's. Always caring, concerned and available. He doesn't hesitate to refer a patient to another physician if he feels that is necessary. He, and his office staff, are always helpful, whether in person or on the telephone. I never feel "rushed" during an office visit, which is not always the case with other doctors.
Has failed to respond to faxes from my grandmother's short term disability TWICE. The consiquinces for his absent mind has cost my grandmother more stress and over 400 dollars. His bedside manner is non exhistant. These paper work he has failed to send off by deadline in very serious. She cannot receive her disability money from her job because he doesn't reach deadlines. We have had to make 1 appeal just to try again. I would not recommend this doctor to ANYONE. He says a lot of "ummms" and "I don't know". Even her speech therapist and cardiologist has said they have received SEVERAL complaints about this doctor.
28 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1990
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Dr. Edward V Ferrell Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEdward V Ferrell Jr Md, 2710 Hospital Dr Ste 204, Victoria, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward V Ferrell Jr in this video.
Dr. Edward V Ferrell Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Victoria, TX.