Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward S Fischer has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Edward S Fischer has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Edward S Fischer has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Fischer needs a lesson in human decency and the ability to care for his patients. My mother has Alzheimer's Disease and Dr. Fischer was the first neurologist we saw. He seemed bothered and detached during the entire process. The attitude he carries is one of elitism. He prescribed several medications to my mother after her initial diagnosis. She began to suffer from dizziness and vomiting within a few days. Dr. Fischer would not return our multiple phone calls to discuss the matter. We eventually had to just show up at his office to discuss the matter. When at his office, he refused to see us. We could cleary see him in his office from the lobby at which point he looked at us and closed his door!! We know have a caring and empathetic neurologist for my mother.
37 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Pacific Presbyterian Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente South San Francisco Medical Center, 1200 El Camino Real, South San Francisco, CA
Dr. Edward S Fischer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South San Francisco, CA.