Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward A Fisher
Dr. Edward A Fisher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Fisher is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham And Womens Faulkner Hospital and Bellevue Hospital Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward A Fisher has the following 3 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Fisher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Edward A Fisher accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNYU Langone Medical Center, 550 1st Ave, New York, NY
Dr. Edward A Fisher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.