Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward Ganellen
Dr. Edward Ganellen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salt Lake City, UT. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ganellen is affiliated with Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, University of Utah Hospital and St Mark's Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward Ganellen has the following 3 specialties
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
After my original cardiologist retired, I spoke to individuals with my same type of issues and researched Dr. Ganellen on line. Of the 5 doctors I considered, I chose Dr. Ganellen. Since that time some seven years ago, Dr. Ganellen has placed two stents into my heart in a single procedure. He made me feel at ease both prior to and after the procedure-- which was a total success. Dr. Ganellen listens to me and readily answers my questions. He has an easy going bedside manner. He has worked with me closely and coordinated with my other health care providers. He has been excellent to insure my follow-up appointments are scheduled and kept. The office and nursing staff are pleasant and professional. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Ganellen to anyone who needs a skilled cardiologist-- who happens to be a really nice guy.
This was my first appointment with Dr. Ganellen. From the moment I called to make the appointment until my follow up call from the Nurse, the whole experience was wonderful. Melinda was able to fit me in within a few days. Esther called me back the following morning with my test results. Dr. Ganellen was very professional and made me feel at ease.
Dr. Ganellen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Mark's Hospital
27 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Edward Ganellen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHEART CENTER AT SAINT MARKS, 1160 E 3900 S, Salt Lake City, UT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward Ganellen in this video.
Dr. Edward Ganellen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.