Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward P Gerstenfeld has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Catheter Ablation
- Back Pain
- Facial Pain
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Atrial Flutter
- Heart Block
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Abdominal Pain
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Heart Catheterization
- Palliative Care
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Neck Pain
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 12
About 4 years ago, Dr. G performed ablation for my husband's tachycardia. We were very scared (the process is pretty daunting to a layman). He and his associates were very caring and patient as we presented a list of questions; they allayed our fears and explained possible outcomes. The office was exceptional in communicating with us. They fit us into the schedule very quickly (about 2 weeks, but we needed that time to compile all the required info -- medical records, etc. (My husband had been to ER about 5 times in 3 weeks). They called us when there was a surgical cancellation, so he had the procedure done within a few weeks of the initial consultation. If we had gone the route his cardiologist (not Dr. G, who is an electrophysiologist) had suggested, we still would have been waiting to consult about 4 months later.Highly recommend Dr. G and his electrophysiology associates at U of P.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2011, 2010, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2009, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
25 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Edward P Gerstenfeld accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUcsf Health, 500 Parnassus Ave Ste MU3, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward P Gerstenfeld in this video.
Dr. Edward P Gerstenfeld is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.