Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward V Gundy
Dr. Edward V Gundy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Purchase, NY, with another office in Rye, NY. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Gundy is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health Greenwich Hospital and Hospital for Special Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward V Gundy has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
First dealing with Westmed is the real problem. When you make an appointment it is with a call center in VA. I made an appointment and then called a half before the appointment and asked if the Dr. was running late as it only takes me 15min. to get there. I was told he was on time. I arrived 5 min. early and waited 50 min. (55 overall) No apology. I have no problem with the diagnoses and I did not feel rushed. When I called for the Dr. to ask a question I left a message with the CALL CENTER in VA. Who gave the message to the DR. assistant. The assistant called me back with out even acknowledging that I had not called for her but the Dr.. (The one with the education, the one I am paying for). when I asked why the Dr. was not returning my call she stated " I did not even give him the message". WHAT?! The Dr. called himself 3 hours later. I have no use for a Dr. that runs an office like that. Westmed has to many people looking at your files. Westmed has to many people that THINK THEY ARE THE DOCTORS.
Dr. Gundy was not really listening to my son describe the enormous amount of pain he was in after a sports injury. He was diagnosed correctly, but given a brace instead of much needed crutches. After a week of missed school and a pain level still at a 9 out of 10 I finally called and said what can we do?? The nurse suggested crutches which we borrowed that same day from a neighbor friend and he was up and walking, back in school, and at a pain level of a 5 within a couple days. My son left his office that day with tears in his eyes (a tough 12 year old boy) because he was given no choice but to go home and push through the pain. Never again.....listen to your child and not the doctor. I feel awful for putting him through an unnecessary week of pain and lost school time.
Dr. Gundy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1976
Hospital For Special Surgery
Dr. Edward V Gundy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward V Gundy in this video.
Dr. Edward V Gundy is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Purchase, NY.