Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward J Hallal Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
DR HALLAL HIMSELF IS A SNIDE CONDESCENDING LITTLE MAN.....MY WIFE AND i HAVE BEEN PATIENTS OF THIS JERK FOR TEN YEARS. VERY RECENTLY MY WIFE HAD SOME ISSUES THAT HAVE BEEN GOIN ON FOR A LONG TIME.MY WIFE CALLED THE OFFICE TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP TO GET IT CHECKED OUT,AND WHEN THE DR CALLED HER BACK HE TREATED MY WIFE LIKE SHE WAS A MORON AND THE SHE WAS BOTHERING HIM...WITH THAT BEING SAID DR HALLALS P.A GINA IS AWESOME SHE TAKES THE TIME WITH YOU TREATS YOU WITH RESPECT AND DIGNITY AS WELL AS THE STAFF THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY THE BEST AND THEY BEND OVER BACKWARDSTO HELP YOU.THIS IS THE ONLY REASON WHY WE STAY WITH THIS QUACK.I WILL ONLY SEE GINA IF I CAN AND THE STAFF RULES......BUT AS FAR AS THE DR HE IS A SPINELESS LITTLE FRACTION OF A MAN.....I GAVE THEM 3 STARS ONLY BECAUSE GINA THE P.A AND THE STAFF ARE SO AWESOME OTHERWISE ID GIVE DR.GOATMEAT(HALLAL)NO STARS.....
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Dr. Hallal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Methodist Hospital
Dr. Edward J Hallal Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEdward John Hallal Jr Md, 250 E Main St, Bay Shore, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward J Hallal Jr in this video.
Dr. Edward J Hallal Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bay Shore, NY.