Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward Hines has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr Hines was an excellent hand surgeon. Had no bedside manner what so ever. Had reconstructive thumb surgery. Did very good job but sent me back to work next day with aspirin. Had to take week vacation because of pain. Same with other surgeries he did. Did not want to subscribe enough strength meds to help. Acted like you were going to abuse them.
I came into the office with the thought I was going to see Dr. Smith. Instead I was greeted by Dr. Hines. The visit was to discuss my shoulder, in which barely came up in the entire visit. The visit was focused on me being a smoker and overweight. He had the gaul to say I "may" be able to fit into the MRI machine. I was stunned by this doctor's bedside manner. I believe my eyes were as big as pop bottles when he continued to make comments about my weight. To top off the visit, he suggested I cut my pain pills in half so I would not become addicted. I explained to him I did not take the medication unless I absolutely needed it. As he saw me becoming angry, he changed his attitude, but by this point I was not interested in anything he had to say. He did not offer to help me put the sling back on my arm and acted as if he could not get out of the room fast enough. I DO NOT recommend this doctor to anyone. I am just going to chalk it up to him having a bad day, but his humanity is GONE!! The front staff however, are very nice and helpful. After telling the clerk about his behavior, she quickly assured me she would handle the situation. My appointment was at 9am, but did not see the doctor until 9:50am. I cannot believe I waited that long for that kind of verbal abuse. After all is said and done, I do still wish him a better doctor while he is laying on the table.
Dr. Hines is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alamance Regional Medical Center
43 Years Experience
George Washington University
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Edward Hines accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1236 Huffman Mill Rd, Burlington, NC
Dr. Edward Hines is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burlington, NC.