Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward Horowitz
Dr. Edward Horowitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE, with another office in Omaha, NE. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Horowitz is affiliated with VA Nebraska & Western Iowa Health Care System, Alegent Health Lakeside Hospital and The Nebraska Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward Horowitz has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Not exactly warm but he is genuinely interested and concerned. Great follow up. I debated with him about the wisdom of a test and he called me twice after my visit with more research. Very up to date. Most often has a medical student with him. He might be the best doctor I've had. I'm a nurse, and have unreasonable standards but he meets or exceeds all.
Dr. Horowitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
VA Nebraska & Western Iowa Health Care System
Alegent Health Lakeside Hospital
The Nebraska Medical Center
Allegent Health Community Memorial
Creighton University Medical Center
Alegent Immanuel Medical Center
Alegent Health Memorial Hospital
Alegent Health-Bergan Mercy Medical Ce
Alegent Health Mercy Hospital
St Joseph Hospital/Creighton Med Ctr
Alegent Immanuel Med Cntr
St Joseph HospitalCreighton Med Center
VA Medical Center Omaha NE
35 Years Experience
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Edward Horowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward Horowitz in this video.
Dr. Edward Horowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.